- Applicants must reside in one of the 31 counties of the Central Region or be a full-time student at a high school, college or university within the region. Region includes the following counties: Adair, Allen, Barren, Breckenridge, Butler, Crittenden, Daviess, Edmonson, Grayson, Green, Hancock, Hardin, Hart, Henderson, Hopkins, Larue, Logan, Marion, McLean, Meade, Metcalfe, Monroe, Muhlenberg, Nelson, Ohio, Simpson, Taylor, Union, Warren, Washington, and Webster.
- Participants must submit an application responding to a short series of questions outlining their idea. Prototypes or drawings are not required.
- The application must be completed in full no later than April 8, 2018.
- Inventions must be the original work of the applicant.
- Winners will be announce at the awards dinner to be held at the WKU Center for Research and Development in Bowling Green, Ky. (Date of the dinner is yet to be determined.) There is no charge for the dinner and all applicants with guest are invited to attend.
You will be required to submit answers to the following questions. Each question should be answered in 1000 words or less. Answers to questions 1 through 6 will be considered CONFIDENTIAL and will be viewed only by those necessary to process the application for awards.
- What is your idea? (Describe the product or service proposed.) What are its primary features and benefits?
- Who would be your customer? What products or services are they now using that your product / service will replace?
- Why would your prospective customers need or want to purchase your product or service?
- Describe the needs, as you see them, to get your product or service into the market, or available to potential customers.
- Who will be the competitors of your product in the marketplace?
- Can you defend your product / service from duplication by competitors with a patent, copyright or other device?